Obagi Medical is a specialty pharmaceutical company that develops prescription-strength skin care products for the treatment of common adult skin disorders, such as premature skin aging, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, rosacea and acne vulgaris. Using Penetrating Therapeutics™ technologies and powerful ingredients, Obagi products enhance the absorption of prescription and cosmetic agents, thereby achieving improved visible results.
Obagi Medical features many skin care system sub-lines designed to target specific issues with hand-chosen ingredients and technologies. These sub-lines feature simplistic yet thorough descriptions of each formula’s indications, making the search for the perfect skin care product easier and more informative. Plus, every step of Obagi’s entire range is numbered, creating an easy-to-follow regimen that’s simple enough for anyone. Obagi’s systems include:
- Nu-Derm System - addresses the signs of photodamage, such as age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, rough skin, skin laxity, redness, sallowness and hyperpigmentation. It penetrates below the surface of the skin to work at the cellular level, resulting in a younger- and healthier-looking complexion.
- Condition & Enhance – a transformative system designed to lighten, tighten and firm the skin while boosting cell turnover. It’s perfect for complementing in-office procedures due to its ability to enhance results while comforting the skin while it heals. This system is compatible with many in-office procedures, including BOTOX® Cosmetic, dermal fillers, microdermabrasion, chemical peels and laser treatments.
- Obagi-C™ Rx System – this “early intervention system” was created to treat freckles, age spots, fine lines and other forms of environmental damage before they become severe. It is the first and only system to use both vitamin C and hydroquinone, allowing it to deliver exceptional results in less time. It regulates the production of pigment-producing cells, boosts cell turnover and prevents future skin cell damage.
- ELASTIderm™ – featuring a revolutionary blend of anti aging ingredients, ELASTIderm™ includes three formulations that target wrinkles around the eyes, as well as on the neck and décolleté. Using a bi-mineral complex, these anti aging products boost elasticity, smooth away fine lines and wrinkles, and build collagen, resulting in a truly younger-looking finish.
- CLENZIderm M.D.™ – these purifying systems are the only prescription-strength systems that use a patented, solubilized form of 5% benzoyl peroxide for treating acne. Available in formulas for both normal to oily or normal to dry skin types, these acne care products are clinically proven to supply superior results to other anti-acne products. The reason is simple; most benzoyl peroxide-based products use irregularly shaped benzoyl peroxide crystals that remain on the skin’s surface. Obagi on the other hand uses a special form of benzoyl peroxide that is able to penetrate deep into the follicle and banish acne-causing bacteria, clearing acne quickly and preventing future breakouts.
- Rosaclear™ – the first and only complete rosacea care system that treats both the signs and symptoms of rosacea, including redness, flushing, inflammatory papules and pustules, and irritation. Using aloe, lavender, sea whip and other natural, nourishing ingredients, this soothing system is able to calm and protect rosacea-prone skin, resulting in increased comfort and beauty.
In addition to these comprehensive systems, Obagi also offers stand-alone products that are able to transform, nourish and replenish the skin, leading to improvements in appearance, texture and health. For troubled, aging or even normal skin, Obagi is a great choice for both daily maintenance and treatment.
Like with any skin care products people can have different reactions to them. An example of this concerning Obagi can be found in this real life skin care question and answer session.