Everywhere you turn, a different magazine, TV show or website is telling you how to “get the look.” While it’s fun to learn the beauty secrets of today’s beautiful, talented and elite, it gets a little tiresome to read about the same makeup tips from the same celebrities over and over again.
So, why not take it back a few years and pull some inspiration from the beauties that came before? Without further ado, here’s the first installment of Get the Vintage Look, featuring Audrey Hepburn.
Audrey Hepburn was one of the most beloved film actresses of the 1950s and ’60s. Known for her quiet grace, her charming personality and, of course, her excessive beauty, Audrey was an inspiration for many.
Get Audrey’s Look
- Use a medium to full coverage foundation to achieve a flawless, fresh-faced glow. Apply concealer to areas of concern, such as dark under eye circles or blemishes. Set with a translucent powder.
- Apply a very soft pink blush shade to the apples of the cheeks. (Don’t forget to dab a little bit of your blush shade on your chin, nose and upper brow bone to create a natural look.)
Eyes and Brows
- Accentuate your eyes using rich, neutral eye makeup shades. Apply a light eyeshadow shade to the entire lid, and fill in the crease area with a medium to dark neutral shade.
- Using black liquid eyeliner, create a medium line along the top lid, applying from corner to corner. If desired, you may line the outer two thirds of the bottom lash line using the eyeshadow shade you used for your eye creases.
- Apply a healthy dose of mascara to the top lashes, focusing on the outer edge of the lash line. Apply a lighter layer of mascara to the bottom lash line.
- Fill and and groom the eyebrows appropriately. If left untouched, the eyebrows may look ashy or sparse in comparison to your bold, dramatic eyes.
- Prep the lips using an anti-feathering treatment.
- Apply a medium to medium-dark pink lipstick, or a lighter or darker shade depending on your skin tone.
- If more color or shine is desired, apply a clear or pink gloss.
To finish your vintage-inspired look, sweep your hair back into a ponytail and whip out your skinny jeans and a black turtleneck – elegant, understated and perfectly Audrey.