When thinking of fashion icons, film actress and model Marilyn Monroe is one of the first women to come to mind. With her platinum blonde hair, her ethereal face and her all-natural sex appeal, Marilyn captivated men and women alike.
Marilyn was blessed with natural beauty, but she also swore by several beauty secrets to keep her skin clear and youthful. Some of her supposed beauty tips seem a bit far-fetched (like the rumor that she washed her face fifteen times every day to prevent acne blemishes), while most of her other beauty secrets, like applying a great anti aging moisturizer each morning, are much more believable.
Marilyn often sported soft eye makeup paired with gorgeous red lips. Although vibrant red lipstick may seem a bit scary at first, you’ll find that the correct shade of red coupled with a practiced application technique will leave you with a perfectly sexy pout every time.
Get Marilyn’s Look
- Apply a medium to full coverage foundation to the face and neck. Use a concealer to disguise imperfections such as hyperpigmentation.
- Sweep a pink-nude blush shade over the apples of the cheeks. Then, contour the cheekbones with a shimmering bronzer, blending it up into your blush shade.
- Use your bronzer shade to accentuate the curves of the face where desired.
Eyes and Brows
- Use shimmering eyeshadow shades to brighten and illuminate the eye area. Apply a light, nude shade to the entire lid, and highlight the brow bone with a glimmering highlighter formulation. If more depth is desired, use a medium toned shadow in the creases of the eyes.
- Using black or dark brown eyeliner, create a thin line along the top lash line, applying from corner to corner. Extend the line past the edge of the eye and flick it up for a more dramatic look.
- Apply a generous dose of mascara to the top and bottom lash line.
- Fill in brows if necessary, making sure to create a natural-looking finish.
- Prep the lips using an anti-feathering treatment.
- Apply a rich coat of your favorite red lipstick, blotting gently. Top with a clear lip gloss if desired.
Complete your glamorous look by donning a fabulous dress and a flirtatious pair of heels. If you have shorter hair, spend some time with the curling iron to re-create Marilyn’s famous tresses. If you have longer hair, create gentle curls and sweep it into a sexy up-do!