Born Lesley Hornby, Twiggy is one of the world’s most famous fashion models. Discovered at the age of 16, she was known for her slight build (weighing in at only 91) pounds, her short hair, and her beauty secret of drawing long, false eyelashes along her lower lash line. After retiring from her modeling career, Twiggy went on to launch an award-winning singing and acting career.
Twiggy’s look was most often centered around her large eyes, with the emphasis placed on the creases of the eyes, as well as the lower lash line. To achieve her look, use eye makeup in varying shades of off white, gray and black.
Get Twiggy’s Look
- Apply a sheer coverage makeup foundation to the face and neck. Twiggy’s foundation was fresh and light, and allowed her natural freckles to show through.
- Gently contour and warm the complexion with a light bronzer shade, keeping application light and natural-looking.
Eyes, Eyelashes and Brows
- Gently apply a vanilla-colored eyeshadow shade from lash line to brow bone.
- Using a light gray eyeshadow shade and a pointed shadow brush, fill in the eye creases, creating a full arch from one corner of the eye to the other. (Apply your shade to the crease itself, but allow the color to extend up over the crease a little bit.) Blend gently.
- With a small, angled cosmetic brush and a deep gray eyeshadow shade, draw an accentuated line just above the natural crease of your eye. The line should be dark and dramatic.
- Take the pointed shadow brush you used to apply your light gray shade and go over the dark line you’ve just created, blending it into the surrounding areas. Make sure that you don’t over-blend – the dark line should still be accentuated.
- Brighten the lids and brow bone using the vanilla-colored shade you started with. Don’t forget to blend!
- Using a white eye pencil, line the inner part of your lower lash line. (Just above your lower lashes.)
- Apply a generous dose of mascara to the top and bottom lash lines.
- Apply false lashes to the top and bottom lash lines.
- Groom and shape your brows as desired. Twiggy‘s brows were light and natural-looking.
- Apply an anti-feathering product to the lips. If you don’t have a product created for this purpose, you can use a little bit of your concealer or a nude lip pencil.
- Choose a lipstick shade that is only slightly darker than your natural lip shade. Apply a light layer and blot gently.