Glow knows no age. Though we may more commonly associate glowing, vibrant skin with youth, it doesn’t have to be this way. In fact, there are many ways restore luster to mature skin. Here are 5 tips to get your glow back, no matter your age:
- Don’t stop exfoliating! Exfoliation is still one of the absolute easiest ways to give aging skin an instant pick me up. Instead of using a scrub, which can be more abrasive on aging skin, opt for a chemical exfoliant that will absorb or dissolve dull and dead skin cells. The Sonya Dakar Skincare Enzyme Peeling Cream is a great solution. It uses active pumpkin enzymes to eliminate debris impeding on your glow (no scrubbing needed).
- Use a Retinol. A nightly retinol treatment encourages healthy cell turnover, which will not only reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots, but it will also give your complexion a smooth radiance.
- Get your Omega-3 fix. Foods like salmon and flaxseeds are particularly rich in Omega-3, which helps reduce inflammation and bring a natural glow to skin. Just as this fatty acid is powerful when eaten, it is also powerful when used topically. Products like the Omega-3 Repair Complex use Flaxseed Oil to immediately plump skin and soothe inflammation. In fact, this product is so glow inducing, it has even been dubbed “liquid gold.”
- Have an apple stem cell a day. You read that right. Products containing a rare apple stem cell can work to actively regenerate aging cells. As we grow older, our skin cells stop recovering as quickly, causing us to look, well, older. However, new anti-aging technology revealed the power of plant stem cells to assist in the regeneration of these cells! It is like youth in a bottle. For some double duty power, try MicroVenom Daily Defense SPF 30; it is packed with apple stem cells, broad spectrum protection, and a few other goodies that’ll make your skin sing.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water, or even better, eating it (try foods like cucumber or melons) is an easy way to keep complexions dewy and youthful. Also, be sure to actively moisturize with a daily serum designed for aging skin. We like lotions with ceramides and wrinkle-smoothing peptides, like the UltraLuxe 9 Age Control Complex.
Keep consistent with these simple tips and you will be well on your way to radiant, glowing, healthy-looking skin at any age.
About the Author:
Sarah Dakar is the Beauty Director for Sonya Dakar Skincare. Dedicated to discovering new beauty solutions for the modern woman, Sarah’s knowledge of natural skincare has made her critical in spearheading all aspects of product development for the highly coveted beauty brand.