As fall marks the transition from summer into winter, there are many changes that take place with the season. One major change is the transition of colors, it is time to push those summer ‘brights’ to the back of your closet and bring forth your fall color palette.
I look to Pantone for inspiration, when it comes to colors. Their fashion color report for fall 2012not only inspires my closet but also inspires me to think about my cosmetic accents for the season. The fall 2012 report is a mix of practical versatile neutrals with a flash of bold and some energetic hues. Out of the ten colors that make up their fall color palette, I think a few of my favorites are: French Roast – an alternative to black, Honey Gold – a mellow more dull yellow shade , Tangerine Tango – a fiery orange, Ultramarine Green – a deep blue green, Titanium – a cool gray and Rose Smoke – a light pink almost nude hue.
Wardrobe alone does not complete a look, it’s essential to have the hair style and makeup to follow. For fall 2012 beauty I think we will be seeing lots of smoky eyes, jewel tones, metallics, shades of jade, and even splashes of color inspired from the fall 2012 fashion trend report.
Some of my favorite brands have the perfect colors to match Pantone’s palette and add a pop to any outfit. You can keep your outfit more neutral, and add a splash of fun with the fabulous shades below!
Nail colors: the perfect fall shades to wake up any outfit.
1. deborah lippman’s Lara’s Theme – is a fiery tangerine.
2. butter London’s Queen Vic – a berry tone.
3. Essie’s Going Ingognito – deep emerald green shade.
Eyeshadows: keep a neutral lip and go bold with the eyes!
1. Gorgeous Cosmetic’s Shimmer Dust Carbon – a jet black shade.
2. myface.cosmetic’s Silver Screen – a shimmery, metallic silver shade.
3. stila’s smudge pots cobalt – a royal blue sheen.
Lipsticks: go for a statement color, or keep it neutral!
1. Too Faced’s Divine Wine – a deep burgundy shade.
2. myface.cosmetics Vintage Pink – is a neutral light color.
3. Sunday Riley’s Rebel Rose – a bright magenta pink shade.