Perfectly blown out tresses are something that have eluded me for about 98% of my life- the rare 2% being when I have a hot date (never) and when I fork over some hard earned cash for a professional blowout (rarely). However, I recently got my hands on an oh-so-coveted Harry Josh Pro Tools Pro Dryer, the first product to launch from the star stylist eponymous line. I decided that if I have the Rolls Royce of blow dryers in my possession, I better do something with it! After I got side tracked and extensively stalked his instagram pictures with his gorgeous celeb clients/friends (um, he did Giselle’s hair for the Met Gala, Gwyneth Paltrow’s for the Oscars and Miranda Kerr’s Vogue. Baller.), I watched a few of Harry Josh’s amazing tutorials. The one that stood out the most to me was how to create a voluminous at home blowout using his Harry Josh Pro Tools Pro Dryer. He made it seem so easy! I immediately picked up my Harry Josh blow dryer, which is literally hand-made in France, and got to work.
- Start with towel dried hair.
- Liberally apply a volumizing product to the roots and then run your fingers through your hair to further distribute the product.
- Make sure to turn off the ion button for more volume and place the wide nozzle on the dryer.
- With fingertips, lift the hair straight up in sections and blast the roots. Make sure to go against the natural fall of your hair to give it more lift.
- Once the hair is dry, use the round brush to and pull straight up again to continue creating volume
- Finish the look of by using the cold shot button, which helps to set the shape of the hair.
- Lastly, go showoff your awesome at home blowout!