“Modern Family” may have lost to HBO’s “Girls” last Sunday for the Best Television Series Award for Musical or Comedy, but we thought Julie Bowen’s look that night was a clear winner! In her turquoise one-shoulder Halston gown, which was paired with sultry smoky eyes and a glowing complexion, she dazzled like a precious gem on the Golden Globes red carpet!
If you’re wondering what sort of miracle you need to pull to recreate this look, you’ll be happy to know that celebrity makeup artist, Heather Currie, created Julie’s flawless look using mineral-based products from Colorescience. And in case you’re not aware, mineral makeup lays claim to a plethora of skin-enhancing benefits. They’re purely natural, and contain no additives, oils, perfumes, talcs, alcohols, or any of those traditional ingredients that can irritate the skin or clog your pores.
Here’s how you can recreate Julie’s look:
- Prime with Colorescience Skin Bronzing Primer SPF 20 to even out your skin tone and create a natural, healthy glow.
- Then, apply Sheer Crème in A Taste of Honey for a sheer all-over coverage.
- Finish by dusting Pressed Mineral Foundation Compact in California Girl to set the look.
- Blend Loose Mineral Eyeshadow Matte in Onyx-Black and Granite-Smoke at the upper lash line. Then, using a flat eye shadow brush, smudge the shadow up towards the crease area to build the eye.
- Fill the lid with Loose Mineral Eyeshadow Shimmer in Mercury-Silver using a round shadow brush to create a gun metal look.
- Then, apply Loose Mineral Eyeshadow Shimmer in White on the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye.
- Apply several coats of mascara.
Once everything’s been done, go for a nude lip and a sexy, semi-undone chignon and you’ll be shining like Julie Bowen in no time!