Ever wonder how you can achieve full, plump, youthful looking lips? Well wonder no more, because I’m about to tell you. Not only is it easy, but it’s pain-free and cost-effective. First, it’s important to understand why lips thin as you age. Simply put, the older you get, the less collagen you produce, and collagen is what gives lips their plumpness. Having said that, there are a variety of ways to keep your lips looking full and healthy.
- Protect-One way to preserve your pout is to protect. The sun’s powerful rays can cause collagen to break down, so it’s important to always wear a lipstick or lip balm with sunscreen.
- Stay Hydrated-Drink water, and lots of it! Lips don’t have sweat glands, since sweat glands also help keep the skin moisturized, that means lips tend to dry out faster than other parts of the body. Your lips are like a sponge, they absorb water and plump up. When dehydrated, they dry and shrink. Hydration alone can improve wrinkles and lines and will give you added fullness.
- Exfoliate your lips- Use a favorite lip scrub or make your own with a little olive oil and sugar and rub it on your lips. You can use a toothbrush to help exfoliate. Leave the mixture on for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water and apply lip balm or petroleum jelly.
- Use a plumper-One of my favorite ways to achieve fuller lips is to apply Maxilip Lip Plumper. Maxilip is from the makers of Vivant Skincare and offers a semi-permanent alternative to costly and invasive injections. You can see and feel it working instantly. It leaves lips feeling soft and smooth with more color and fullness. I take this with me everywhere I go and apply it under my lipstick/lip gloss every time. It works wonders and gives my lips added plumpness.
- Create the illusion- Apply Maxilip Lip Plumer as a base. Then use a lip liner. Choose a shade of lipstick that works for you. Avoid dark colors as they tend to make the lips look smaller, go for lighter shades and avoid frosty finishes. Apply a clear gloss to the middle of the lips for a juicy finish.
Fun Fact about your lips: Like fingerprints, no two lip prints are exactly the same. Therefore, a lip print can be used to identify an individual and even tell their story. What does your lip print say about you? My lips are sealed!