Winter is in full swing with beautiful, luxurious hair and I’m loving both runway and street inspired trends! Here are a few of my favorites…
- Shine, Shine, Shine! Even if the sun isn’t shining, hair this winter is! Glossy smooth locks look amazing with soft curls and no fuss.
- Slick ponytails dominated the Fall/Winter 2012 runways with precise parts and smooth tails.
- “When in doubt, cut it out.” A shaved side, whether it’s bold or peek-a-boo, is popping up everywhere.
- Embellishments galore! Jeweled hair accessories added a regal and elegant touch to smooth styles. Play with partings, but keep hair tame and full of luster.
To achieve maximum gloss and frizz free locks, follow these steps:
(Best suited for medium plus hair types)
- Wash and condition with SACHAJUAN Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner for super hydration and smoothing.
- On towel-dried hair, evenly distribute a few pumps of the new SACHAJUAN Intensive Hair Oil from ends to the roots.
- Blow-dry smooth with a round or flat brush.
- Apply a light mist of SACHAJUAN Straight and Shine and follow with a hot tool of choice for further styling.
- To add some glitz to your look, accessorize with a jeweled hairpin, barrette or other embellished piece.
About the Author
Erin Anderson, Co-Founder, EVP, Artistic Director
Erin’s start in the beauty trade began early. After training at Bumble and Bumble, she was offered a coveted position in the emerging education department where she helped create and develop education formats and classes.
Always enamored by fashion, it was a natural fit for Erin to pursue a freelance/editorial career, which lead her to make a move to London. While in Europe, she assisted hairstyling legend Eugene Souleiman, joining him in New York, Paris, and Milan at fashion shows, for editorial and advertising jobs.
After working with the highest caliber of professionals in the industry, Erin’s individuality and talent blossomed and she emerged as one of the hottest new talents in the hair styling business. She has since worked with renowned photographers such as Richard Burbridge, Patrick Demarchelier, Terry Richardson, Norman Jean Roy, Maciek Kobielski, and Catherine Servel to create editorial looks for Vogue, Teen Vogue, V, New York Times Magazine, Pop, and Vanity Fair. Erin has also keyed fashion shows for designers such as Yigal Azrouël, Trovata, Nili Lotan, and Tracy Reese.
Erin’s dynamic skills and engaging qualities have allowed her to build a loyal celebrity clientele of leading actresses including Kristin Bell, Heather Graham, Vera Farmiga, Chloë Sevigny, Zoe Kazan, Jessica Capshaw and Lauren Conrad. Her grooming style has attracted such clients as Zac Efron, Shia Lebouf, Neil Patrick Harris, Matt Bomer, Kevin Bacon, Gerard Butler, Mike Meyers, Andrew Lincoln, Andrew Rennalls, Christian Borle and Peter Sarasgaard whom regularly call upon her. Musicians such as The Pussycat Dolls, MGMT, KT Tunstall, Jared Leto/30 Seconds to Mars, Brazilian Girls, Von Blondies, Fergie, and Natasha Bedingfield seek out Erin when they want a hairstylist they can trust, while she also continues to establish great relationships with emerging bands from NYC to LA.
The success of Woodley & Bunny, the Brooklyn salon, apothecary and style haven, a joint venture with her sister, Misha Anderson, has allowed Erin to keep her finger on the pulse of all that is new and cool in the fashion, beauty, and lifestyle arenas. Her expertise and charisma are frequently called upon by brands such as SEDU and TRESemmé where she appears on-camera and behind-the-scenes, reporting live from New York Fashion Week’s tents. Erin’s creative and technical skills showcased in her freelance work coupled with the sound business sense keep her ahead of the curve and her future bright.